Thursday 11 April 2013

I AM WHO I AM



I am not the size you want me to be, but I was not built for
your comforting needs. I am not the crash diets, the fad diets,
the hell diets or other such destruction's of choice.

I am not the silent bulimic, the starving  teenager seeking
acceptance, the suicidal thoughts or the crimes that you
made me do against  myself.
Jubilation, I am the self accepting adult who has paid the price.

I am not my kinky hair or the one that I bought!
I am not the smoky eyes and certainly the nude lipstick I am NOT.
I am not the deep chocolate paste, the cute nose or the exceptional curves.
Don't call me babe of Mocha, I answer to the beauty guarded within.

I am not your purity standards, or any such validation you want me to be.
You are not my yardstick for spirituality, because you don't know where
my story begins. I am not the outward show of perfection, I am the
stately billboard " WORK IN PROGRESS"!

I am not just an infusion of homo-gametic cells, the X glued to its own kind
unquestionably equal to the X that was glued to the Y.
I am a heart that beats to the rhythms of pure love, so spare a thought
for my dignity, protect me as  I protect you.

I am not the beholder of his reptilian gaze. I am not going to apologise
for the anatomy of my female body, I will not cover my legs, face
and arms because there is nothing  shameful about how I was
created. I am not responsible for anyone's lustful imaginations.

I am not the mistakes that I have made or whatever that was said.
I may be the one that falls in the West, but I'm still the one that
rises in the East. I do not own your judgmental look, but I speak
FOR MY OWN EYE THAT SEES THE RAINBOW AFTER THE RAIN.

I am not the dreaded simultaneous equation or the complicated Pythagoras
theory, but I'm the simple 1+1 = 2 for I have perfected the maths of
counting my blessings. I am the people who love me for who I am.

I am not the size zero strutted on the red carpet, I am the thick heart that
beats to the rhythm of the world, my quest to make a difference.
So do not expect me to look like my cousin "Apple Cider" because
I am the " Grapetiser". We are far removed uniquely for individual purposes.

I am not who you want me to be because I am who I am.




 I AM WHO I AM

 Written by Sikhanyisile Gumpo

Dedicated to everyone who thrives to rise above limitations to make a difference in this lifetime.

07-02-2013

No comments:

Post a Comment